Welcome to the Mad House!

Hey everybody. If you have found this, I hope you told your friends where you were going so they know where to tell the cops to look for you.

My name is Zac, aka "Spanner Murraan", the Maverick Mando Mechanic. This is the Garage, a place to showcase some of my work. Feel free to pull up a stool, pop open a cold one, and join me!-

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Turn around....Bright eyes...

Started crafting my own Radar Eye today.  I started with some Templates I found from Kelly Krider.  I traced them on to some poster board and cut them out before taping and then glueing them together.

After the frame was glued together and set, I glued in the top from a cooking spray can that was the perfect size to act as the eye hole.  The next step was to mix up the fiberglass resin and pour it in with some "Tiger Hair" (fiberglass weave cut up to make a cottony substance).

About and hour after I poured it, the resin was set up, so I took it out of the mold.


I then got out my trusty jitterbug sander and some 60 grit sandpaper and went to knockin the rough edges off.  After about a half hour of sanding, this is what she looks like now.



The resin I used was really old and had some weak spots.  Gonna take a lot more sanding and filling, but it will get there.  This whole process cost me $3, due to the fact i had to buy posterboard.


**Edit**  Got some good solid filling and sanding done.  Shot a little primer ....  Here she is..

No comments:

Post a Comment