Welcome to the Mad House!

Hey everybody. If you have found this, I hope you told your friends where you were going so they know where to tell the cops to look for you.

My name is Zac, aka "Spanner Murraan", the Maverick Mando Mechanic. This is the Garage, a place to showcase some of my work. Feel free to pull up a stool, pop open a cold one, and join me!-

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Jeepers....creepers...

So after realizing that the shape of the R6 head would constitute a different shaped Radar eye (One that would fit a cone, rather than a dome), and realizing that none were being cast, or crafted by anyone else, I set out to make my own.  I pulled up the R6 blueprints, along with a few reference photos (there aren't that many of R6!), and came up with what I consider to be the closes representation  of an R6 Radar Eye housing I could.






This will, of course need some filling and sanding, and I still need to make the side boxes.   But shes starting to take shape.  Here is a shot of the new one next to my R2 Radar Eye -




Soon Ill be getting out the filler and the sand paper and going to town on this bad boy.  It would be nice if I could get a good enough copy to cast in resin, but if not, the Styrene should be strong enough.  Its certainly stout. 

Another thought I had was that instead of the traditional radar eye lens, I would go for something keeping with the military inspiration, something inspired by the FLIR Camera's seen on Helos:




Wile cruising the Inter-tubez, I found a dummy security camera that is about the right size, and shape, and I think would look kinda nifty.  What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment